Thursday, October 1, 2009

Experiment Update 2

Is the google dance over?

I certainly hope so, because I found that on the 51st day of my experimental site, it has reached #3 in the first page of google. Not only that, the #4 spot was an inner page of my same site. Now, it's its 61st day, and it's still standing proud and tall at its #3 (and #4) perch.

The amazing thing about this site's gradual rise to its current position is that I attribute its upward movement almost solely through the effectiveness of using backlinks from inner (thus, no PR)pages of high PR sites.

The #1 site is a forum site. The #2 spot is an inner page of that same forum site. On some computers, or when I search using IE, that inner page does not appear, thus my site gets to be #2.

I am quite contented at the position of my experimental site right now. My goal of course, although I'm not pursuing it very seriously, is to beat the current #1 spot holder. Who doesn't want to be #1?

While my site is steady at #3 in google, it got stuck at #17 in Yahoo. In Bing, I don't mind being stuck at #1. Thanks bing.com! As of this writing, I checked bing and found my site listed at #1 and #2!

---------------------------------
My moralde blog is in some kind of stagnant condition having not been updated for weeks. The last post, Captcha Free was way back on the 9th of September; and Math Blaster Software on the 3rd of September.