Sunday, November 1, 2009

Google Dance Surprise

A post ago, I declared that the Google Dance must have been over because my site has finally settled at #2 on google's first page for its targetted keyphrase. Then a couple of days prior to halloween, I was dismayed to find it gone from the first page. It was still in the google index but it obviously tanked and I was so disappointed for the sudden dive and not knowing what I did wrong. My first thought was probably that the forums from which I left backlinks had deleted my backlinks. And a lot of them must have done it all at the same time. The next day, I checked again and still found no shadow of my site on the first page. This is serious, I thought. I have gotten used to earning a few dollars from it every now and then and it was a sorry event to let go of that opportunity.

On Halloween, I happened to read some blogger's article about Google's PR update activities. He said that Google had chosen halloween to update PRs. So I checked my personal blog for any remote chance of a PR update. Then surprise, my PR0 blog is now PR1!

Still with a heavy but hopeful heart I checked google for any chance of my site getting back on the first page. Sure enough, it's back sitting regally on its 2d place throne on google's first page. And surprise of all surprise, it is now PR2! It didn't even touched PR1, it just leaped up to PR2. And more than half of its inner pages got PR1 too. Hurray!

----------------------------------------------------
Recent Posts:
The Midas Touch
Send Text Message From Computer
Superb Slideshow
First Step Up Google's PR Ladder
Wow 2012!